Propose A Course
Thank you for your interest in teaching at The Center for Continuing Education.
We accept course proposals for our fall and spring terms and suggest you view our website to see what classes we're currently offering. Proposals are reviewed in October/November for the Spring semester which runs from early March to early June. Proposals for the Fall term are reviewed in April/May and the term runs from early October to mid-December. Evening classes are offered Monday through Thursday. Most classes meet between 6:30 and 10 pm and are held at the Mamaroneck High School or Central Elementary School. Day classes meet Monday through Friday between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm and are held at the Larchmont Temple or the Hommocks Ice Rink Community Room. We offer one session workshops, presentations or lectures or multiple sessions that usually meet on a consecutive day of the week. The Center promotes its course offerings by distributing over 30,000 catalogs each term and on-line at www.LMCCE.org
A course proposal should include the following:
- Suggested course title and description in 80 words or less. Please include a sentence or two about yourself; relevant information about your background, education, business, or skills. The description may be edited for the catalog.
- A resume and reference if the class has been taught elsewhere.
- Any materials you may need to run the class; copies of handouts (we're happy to make copies of handouts, please bring it to the office or email two weeks prior to class start date), computer, DVD player, LCD projector, etc.
- Preferred schedule: day or evening, day of the week, start time, number of sessions and hours per session. Classes may be one-time seminars or meet multiple times. For example; 6 Mondays.
- Contact information; name, address, phone number(s), and email address.
- If applicable, a materials list or text book title (and ISBN number) for the students to purchase.
- If applicable, maximum number of students in class.
Email your proposal to email@example.com or fax to 914-698-9113. We review all proposals and will notify you if your course is selected. If you have any questions, please call the office at 914-698-9126.